Lance Evan Rhodes
Director of STAQ Training - All Levels, Weightlifting, Comp Teamsrpmhoover@gmail.comCollege/Degree:
University of Alabama-Birmingham – B.S. (2006)Certifications:
USAW - Advanced Sports Performance CoachFavorite Verse:
“Brothers and Sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.”
Philippians 3:13-14 (NIV)Athletic Achievements:
2000 – Alabama - High School Player of the Year – Football - al.com,
2000 – Alabama - 6A - Single Season Total Touchdown All-Time Leader (57)
2001 – Signed Letter of Intent to Arizona State University – Football
2003-2005 – Letterman – University of Alabama-Birmingham (WR/QB)
2004 – Hawaii Bowl Member of UAB only Bowl Game – 5 rec/1 TD
2008-09, 2012-14 – USAW National Championships and American Open QualifierCoaching Achievements:
- Roddy White – Atlanta Falcon WR – 5x Pro Bowler
- Reggie Torbor –Super Champ – NY Giants – DE
- Joe Webb – Carolina Panther – QB
- Mario Addison – Carolina Panther – OLB
- Bryant Turner – Winnipeg Blue Bombers – DE (All Pro)
- JJ Nelson – 2015 NFL Combine Fastest Man – Arizona Cardinals – WR
- Wes Helms – 12 yr MLB Veteran (2011 – MLB Pinch Hit Leader)
- Matt Guerrier – Minnesota Twins – P
- 2013 – Cody Bailey – 2nd – USAW – School Age National Championships
- 2014 – Cody Bailey – 1st – USAW – School Age National Championships
- 2015 – Cody Bailey – 3rd – USAW – School Age National Championships
- 2015 – Youth International Cup – Cody Bailey – 62 kg
- 2013 – Lisa Ippolito – 2nd – USAW – Masters National Championships
- Nationally Ranked Athletes:
- 2013-14 – Chase Prime – 85 kg – Senior
- 2014-15 – Elle St. Charles – 69 / 63 kg – Senior
- 2014, 2015 – Crossfit Regional Teams
- 2011, 2012, 2013 – Crossfit Regional Individuals – Blake Prime, Chase Prime, Christina Van Der Hulst
- 2015 – Crossfit Masters Regional – 26th – Christina Van Der Hulst
- 2015 – Granite Games 4th Place – Christina Van Der Hulst
Major League Soccer :
- Chandler Hoffman – LA Galaxy (2012-14) , Houston Dynamo – 2015
Purpose of why you are a coach?
- Jack Jasinski – USA National Team – U19
God created the human body with a tremendous ability to adapt. As a high-school athlete desiring to get faster, quicker and more explosive, a passion sparked in me to learn and educate myself on the ability of the human body to respond to stress, especially within the context of human performance. As I progressed into college academia and athletics, my physical skills became secondary to my desire to understand how the human organism through training stresses altered itself to better respond to the affecting stressor. While at UAB, one of my Professors, Dr. Gary Hunter (UAB –Distinguished Professor in Exercise Science), encouraged further reading in weightlifting mechanics, power output, sports physiology and testing. After graduating in 2006, I began to take my education in Exercise Science and apply my understanding on how the Human Body adapts to training.
Director of Crossfitcrossfitrpm@gmail.comCollege/Degree:
Graduated from UAB in 2006 with a degree in Biology.
Graduated UAB MBA program in 2009.Certifications:
NSCA CSCS, USAW L1
But he was pierced for our transgressions;
he was crushed for our iniquities;
upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace,
and with his wounds we are healed.
4 year letterman-UAB Football.Coaching Achievements:Purpose of why you are a coach?
In late 2009 my eyes were opened up to the depth of my sin and I saw just how lost I had been for 27 years of my life. Through a series of events and a transformation of my heart, I committed my life to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. By His great love He sent His son as a substitute for me, to pay the penalty I deserved, giving me promise at an eternal life in His kingdom. I decided to trust in the path that He had laid out before me. That path gave me a platform from which I am able to share His love through physical training. Helping individuals set, reach, and surpass their goals is a true blessing. I absolutely love coming to work each and every day, challenging our clients mind and body, and helping the. discover true strength on our journey together. Here at Godspeed we have more than just a gym, we have a family, and that holds special meaning in my heart.
STAQ, Crossfit, Competition Team, Weightlifting TrainerPrime@uab.eduCollege/Degree:
Education: Exercise Science/Fitness LeadershipCertifications:
1 Corinthians 9:25-27Athletic Achievements:
6A State Runner-Up Football 2008 (Spain Park)
National/ American qualified Olympic weightlifter 85kg class
Three time Crossfit Regional athleteCoaching Achievements:Purpose of why you are a coach?
I coach not only to improve young athletes in their overall athletic ability (speed, technique, agility, quickness and strength), but to mold young men and women to be examples for others through their character, faith, enthusiasm, and most importantly, leading by example. While teaching athletic training, I try to be a positive role model to athletes, and in return, I hope they provide a positive influence on others.