Coach Spotlight: Blake Prime
Nov 4th, 2018
- Something always in your fridge/pantry: White Chocolate Wonderful PB (I get 8 a month delivered to the house)
- Something on your bucket list: I want to watch a Red Sox Game vs the Yankees with Colt on the top of the Green Monster
- Dream car: Pretty simple here as I love the Ford Raptor
- Favorite place(s) you've visited: I absolutely loved Unico resort in Mexico (although I think it was just the company of my beautiful wife that made it so great). I would love to take a trip to Scotland.
- Something people may not know about you: I have a fear of cotton balls. Yes you read this correctly and I know it’s strange. “Sidonglobophobia is the fear of cotton balls. It is also called Bambakophobia where Bambaki stands for cotton in Greek while phobos means deep dread or fear. 'Normal' people might laugh at those who are afraid of cotton balls. However for a Sidonglobophobic individual, this phobia can actually ruin one's life.”
Blake Prime: Director of Active Life
My name is Blake Prime and my life can be summed up in 3 words: (1) God, (2) Family, and (3) Godspeed.
I have been active in sports and training my entire life. I played three sports (football, baseball, basketball) from the age of 7 through High School. Fun Fact: I met Lance in the 8th grade during the spring football practice leading into our freshman year in high school. We were quarterbacks from rival schools who were coming together for high school and were supposed to be enemies. Little did everyone know we would become best friends, and look where we are today! Lance and I played together at Hoover High School and won the State Championship in 2000. We both then went on to play football together at University of Alabama at Birmingham. I was a 4-year letter-winner as a safety and rover backer, as well as a member of UAB’s first bowl game (Hawaii Bowl ’04).
I majored in Biology with minors in Exercise Science, Business, and Chemistry. I graduated in 2006 with my bachelor’s degree(s) and then earned my MBA from UAB in 2009. While at UAB, I had full intentions of becoming a Dentist … until I saw the inside of the human mouth my senior year (yuck!). Needless to say, I needed another career choice. During this time, Lance was training my brother and a few other high school athletes in the basement of his parents’ house. I was a personal trainer in the private sector and began helping Lance whenever I could. Fast forward, and before I knew it, RPM (now Godspeed) was born and I was full-time with Lance! I started leading out the adult training, which has ultimately become a true life passion of mine. At the end of 2009, I dedicated my life to Christ, and God became the center of every aspect of my life, including Godspeed. Lance and I made it our mission to use Godspeed as an extension of God’s love helping to transform people’s Heart, Mind, Soul, and Strength.
To say that I owe Lance a lot is an understatement. Not only has he been my best friend since the 8th grade and gave me the opportunity to grow alongside him at Godspeed, but he helped bring me to the best thing I have in my life next to God himself: my wife, Whitney. Lance set us up our freshman year at UAB and the rest is history. I married the love of my life in July of 2007 and it has been an incredible journey, especially now with our three amazing children: Colt Walker (7), Bryce Ashlin (5), and Layne Raegan (2). I will say it again ... my life can be summed up in three words: God, Family, and Godspeed. These are my life’s passions that I gladly give my all to.
I am very blessed to be the Director of the Active Life Program at Godspeed. Each person has a unique story to tell and I enjoy being a part of that. There is something special about seeing someone set, reach, and surpass goals they once thought were impossible. Godspeed is my forever home, and each member of Godspeed is a part of my forever family!