STAQ – Full Time Performance Coach
The right person will want to work with Godspeed because we’re a company that believes in quality standards, continuous growth for our athletes and staff, and have an open mind for innovative, cutting edge practices. We have a clear vision for helping our athletes and future athletes realize their most ambitious performance and fitness goals. We want to provide long-term careers in the field of performance and fitness education to people who desire to help us provide and grow better health and fitness to our Godspeed community.
Start: February | March 2017
Title: STAQ – Full Time Performance Coach
Time Commitment: Full Time (40+ hours per week)
Supervisor: STAQ Director
Wage Range: Salaried + Bonus
- Fruits of an Athletes achievement because of your investment in their STAQ journey
- A Team to REFINE alongside adding your talents to others – IRON SHARPENS IRON
- Cellular Phone and Plan
- Paid Illness and Vacation
- Retirement 401K or similar (Determined by Length of Employment)
- Godspeed Clothing, Products, & Supplement Discounts
- Continuing Education Opportunities and Support
- Moving Assistance
- Bonus Opportunities* (Program Specific)
The right leader will spearhead Godspeed’s passion to serve athletes by refining their athletic potential through detailed investment in Evaluating, Educating, Instructing, Progressing and Documenting their STAQ Journey. This leader will not need to be managed but only need to be guided in their own development of their skill set, talents, and passion in order to not only progress each STAQ Athlete but also the STAQ Staff as a whole.
- Forty plus (40+) hours a week of Coach that includes evaluating, educating, instructing, progressing and documenting athletes while creating ideas, progression, programs and plans to progress athletes to results!
- Fulfill opening/closing gym responsibilities
- Lead athlete population of up to 100+ from the NFL, MLB to high school.
- Assist in organization and execution of community events
- Communicate class feedback and findings to STAQ Director for further business improvement
- Execute Social Media and Local marketing initiatives
- Stimulate social media interaction that aligns with our team values and vision
Specific and Future Responsibilities
- Recruit, Register, File, Schedule, and Communicate STAQ Programs to Athletes, Parents, and Godspeed Team
- Evaluate, Instruct, Progress and Develop STAQ Athletes through STAQ Program
- Develop, Design, and Market NFL Combine, Pro Day, and Camp Start Program alongside Godspeed Director
- Develop, Design, and Market MLB and MiLB Off-Season Program alongside Godspeed Director
- Develop, Design, and Market Local Godspeed Camps, Clinics, and Workshops for Local Coaches, Athletes and Parents
- Develop, Design, and Market – Invite Only Specialized High School Performance Program for Upperclassmen in All High School Sports
- Develop into Godspeed STAQ Director of Performance
People who will excel in this position have a passion for interacting with people, have adopted health and fitness as a way of life, and enjoy continuous learning and new challenges.
The following skill sets will be needed to excel in this position:
- Coaching– Command of room, fun, inspiring, humble, detail oriented, technical exercise knowledge, workout program design, nutritional design and understanding of modern technologies in th field of Sports Performance and Recovery
- Communication– Listening, clear and concise, friendly, confident, open minded, respectful.
- Member Service– Well kept appearance, prompt, on time, organized, assertive, caring, detail oriented, empathetic, multitasking, people oriented, problem solver, self controlled.
- Business– Critical thinker, analytical, financial budgeting, ability to prioritize, troubleshooter, computer knowledge in excel, word, wordpress, social media, understands and believes in Godspeed core values, must abide by Godspeed policies, procedures, and guidelines
Preferred Experience and Education
- NSCA-CSCS (current or plan to register within 30 days of hire)
- USAW-Sports Performance Coach or Higher
- EXOS, Eric Cressey Performance, Altis or other highly regarded Training Facility work/ internship/certification experience
- Godspeed Professional Coach Development (registration upon hire)
- Minimum of 2 years working with youth, collegiate and professional athletes as well as experience training adults from beginner to advanced levels of fitness experience (Preferred experience evaluating and training high level athletes)
- Minimum of Bachelors Degree in Health Science or Related Field (Preferred Masters in Exercise Science or related field)
- CPR certified
Training and Support
Prior to coaching unassisted or carrying out business driven job duties, the STAQ – Performance Coach will train with a mentor coach to ensure their success in the position.
Coaches are expected to keep fitness trainings up to date per Godspeed guidelines.
110 Little Valley Court Hoover, AL 35244
Complete Form below and upload/email resume with references and responses to the questions below:
- Why do you want to work at The Godspeed Elite Sports Academy?
- What are your career interests, short term (1-3 yrs.) and long term (5yr.) goals?
- What is your experience in current technology trends within Sports Performance?
- List 10 or more Coach/Leader duties in order of importance once you step foot on the Godspeed Elite Sports Academy if you were a coach? (ex; check inventory, set up drills, great athletes, etc.)
Lance Rhodes – firstname.lastname@example.org
Over the past 8 years Godspeed has worked alongside numerous Universities, Colleges and Individuals guiding, educating and up-skilling interns. Previous interns have gone on to work in the NCAA, Private Sector and many High School Athletic Associations or to pursue careers within the field of sports science research across the country.
STAQ Performance Interns with Godspeed Elite Sports Academy (GODSPEED ESA)
Godspeed is currently accepting intern applications for Summer 2017. Deadline to apply is April 23, 2017.
Internships are available year round for summer, fall, and spring semesters.
Duration of Internship:
Applicants should have:
- Bachelors degree in Kinesiology (or related subject) or currently be in their final year of study
- Training and athletic background preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- 30 hours/week for 12-20 weeks (semester) – unpaid
- Support in the coaching of Godspeed STAQ and/or Active Life athletes
- Support in the collections and processing of testing data and video analysis
- Attendance of weekly STAQ in-house seminars
- Assist with administration and maintenance of facility
- 1 article review paper weekly (1 page)
- 1-2 lectures (classroom setting)
- Help out with marketing strategies
- If intern is deemed prepared by Godspeed coaches, he/she will be assigned to coach classes as the lead instructor
For more information, or to apply*, contact Godspeed ESA at email@example.com.
*Please include your resume and a 500 word essay on why you want to intern at Godspeed.